Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finals Reaction by Alvin

For our class, I think we did an awesome job, not behind any other classes performance at all. Although I didn’t get to see our class skit fully sitting down in the audience stands, what I saw during rehearsal was enough for me to say this. Our first skit, there were different television shows with Asian Americans incorporating Asian American food and stereotypes and what not. The part of the skit where a non-Asian person makes the transition and progresses to becoming more and more Asian is what I enjoyed the most. Although it reenacts “Stereotypes” as if they were true, it expresses the characteristics of Asian Americans such as being bad drivers and being good at math. Haha. After the dance group performed, our group, the CPGs and the Just So Sick Girls team were up. Our Skit reenacts the whole semester through Angelie’s blogging. I was acting as Harry, the Hyphen magazine manager, and also acted as a student failing to win the iron chef challenge in class. My last duty was to act as a protesting student, protesting the ridiculous budget cuts and what not. I though that our skit will be a whole lot better if we had the chance to meet up longer and more. Although that was the issue, this event went by quite fast and quite entertaining. I found other classes projects funny and good as well.

No comments: