Friday, November 14, 2008

40th experience by leslie lau

Expierience on the 40th
My experience with the 40th is probably very unique. I would have never thought how significant our ethnic studies was to the school. Before, I would be one of those students that would pass by the protesters or ignore the people who are trying to pass out flyers. It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t care, but it didn’t really involve me or didn’t have time to stay and listen. I would just focus on my classes and shit. But this project help me open my eyes to a lot of things. Now when I walk by people who pass out flyers, I would take it and try to read and understand what they are talking about.
Although our initial skit attempt was tragic, the second skit was a lot better. There were a lot of laughing. I agree with some of my group members in which it was kind of hard to be the opposing side. And with the limited resources and time that we had, it made it even harder.
When we were doing the skit, (part 2, not part 1 lol) I felt a sense of pride when I am playing my part. I thought to myself, maybe that’s how they felt back then in the 40th. It was kind of cool how serious everybody was about the protest. How police was actually going to respond to our “demonstration”.

No comments: